Marketing & Publicity Coordinator
1904 Third Ave, Suite 710, Seattle, WA, United States, 98101
Description: Based in the Seattle office of our thriving independent press, Sasquatch Books is seeking a creative, enthusiastic Marketing & Publicity Coordinator to create dynamic, integrated marketing campaigns for 1/3 of our Adult titles and to oversee key marketing programs across the Adult list, including catalog development, trade shows, and author events.
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly energetic self-starter who is devoted to and excited by connecting books and readers. Marketing & Publicity Coordinator plans and executes integrated book marketing campaigns that drive sales. This team player is a dynamic people-person with excellent communications and organizational skills who develops and nurtures rewarding relationships with authors, marketing and publicity contacts, retail customers, industry colleagues, and readers far and wide. Job requirements include computer literacy in a variety of digital environments including strong writing and editing skills, visual awareness, and organizational skills.
For a full job description, please visit the Sasquatch Books website.
- At least 2 years in marketing or publicity in publishing or closely related field
- Fluent in media relations, online marketing, and social media
- Creative thinker who works with energy and urgency and also attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communications ability across all mediums
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under deadline pressure
- Able/willing to travel as needed approximately 3-5 times a year
- Create, plan, orchestrate and execute dynamic integrated marketing and publicity campaigns for 1/3 of Adult new titles and core backlist as appropriate.
- Strategize and execute a variety of marketing and publicity tactics to reach the consumer audience for 1/3 of Adult new titles.
- Meet and develop relationships with all new authors at least 6 months prior to publication and work closely with them to maximize their platforms as part of a dynamic marketing plan that creates maximum consumer demand for every new release.
- Oversee adult author events for all new titles with administrative support from Sales & Marketing Assistant
- Manages development and workflow of two main catalogs annually
- Manages trade show participation and logistics, 2-4 trade shows annually
- Create all press materials to be available in advance of publication, including news releases, media advisories, author bios, pitch letters, and press kit materials. Ensure that all press materials are error-free by managing an internal review process.
- Maximize pre-publication reviews, long lead placements, and excerpt opportunities with targeted lists and advance materials (mss, galleys)
- Manage media contact lists using Cision and contact database (Bullhorn) to ensure that all media campaigns are well-planned, trackable, and organized.
- Research and determine appropriate media to pitch for each title, considering sales distribution, author’s media contacts, and author niche/audience
- Track and file all media coverage by book and input positive review blurbs into distributor’s website