National Account Manager
1400 Broadway, Ste 520, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently looking for a National Account Manager to join our New York office. In this role, you will be responsible for selling to adult and children’s titles to Barnes & Noble on behalf of the Perseus Distribution clients. You will present new titles to buyers on a monthly basis and routinely review backlist opportunities with a goal of increasing models and store placement. Your focus will be to develop strong relationships with buyers, utilizing verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Part of this role includes providing frontlist feedback after sales calls and assisting with the development of strategic sales and marketing initiatives for client publishers. In addition, you will nominate titles for promotional programs which enhance the publisher’s market position.
Does this sound like the job for you? Apply on our website at www.ingramcontent.com
- Responsible for selling and managing title base, promotions, and business relationships for Perseus Distribution clients
- Preparing, researching, and presenting all frontlist titles
- Plan frontlist and backlist merchandising and promotions for stores, online, and Nook
- Analyze title and category performance at B&N and provide weekly sales reports
- Attend regular meetings including presales, sales conference, and sales and marketing meetings
- Work closely with distribution clients and sales team on title development and strategy
- Visit B&N on a monthly basis to sell titles, gather feedback for call reports, and share account/industry news
- Form strong relationships at all pertinent levels of the account base and serve as liaison between client publishers and the account.
- Keeps abreast of competitive titles, market conditions, as well as advertising and promotional activities.
- Use Ingram, Bookscan and other market data to measure sales and effectiveness.
Section 2: Minimum Qualifications
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years selling experience in publishing environment
Section 3: Preferred Qualifications
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Experience selling to Barnes & Noble
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience using Edelweiss
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group Inc. is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our clients and customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.