Client Relations Manager
1700 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA, United States, 94710
Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for a Client Relations Manager to join our team in Berkeley, CA. In this role, you will serve as point person on the Ingram Publisher Services (IPS) side of the gift catalog. You will work with marketing and the gift team to build schedules, meet deadlines, and work with other client managers to get missing data. You’ll also proof the catalog, maintain the department mailing lists and updates, and help with conference and trade show planning. Part of your role will be to serve as the primary point of contact between IPS and the assigned client publishers, mainly distribution-only clients. You will lead the ongoing business relationship, instruct clients on policies/procedures, utilize book industry experience in consultation with clients, and counsel them on the tools available through ICG, as well as the broader content industry, to maximize their success. This includes, but is not limited to: production of high quality, appropriate and consistent sales materials, sales cycle timelines, relevant aspects of marketing and sales, implementing an eContent strategy, and use of print-on-demand. It will be your responsibility in this role to take ownership of meetings with client publishers and provide constructive feedback. You will be tasked with maintaining client satisfaction exemplified by being client focused and responding with a sense of urgency.
Does this sound like the right fit for you? We’d love to receive your application!
Section 1: Essential Duties
- Conducts business reviews with assigned publisher clients.
- Develops client-specific agenda and objectives; prepares appropriate reports; discusses client’s current/year-to-date business; communicates changes in policy/procedure, explains benefits and requirements; discusses any concerns; and commits to a follow-up plan.
- Develops and maintains profitable and successful relationships with IPS client publishers.
- Serves as liaison between assigned client publishers and the Ingram organization.
- Includes, but not limited to, formal and informal communications, evaluating client expectations and Ingram’s ability to meet those expectations, and forming strong interactions with all levels within the publisher.
- Prepares monthly report of client activities – sales and returns, customer trends, issues, successes, market responses, and projections for future business, etc.
- Presents reports during client review meeting with IPS leadership and sales.
- Manages the clients’ sales cycles as they pertain to IPS.
- Communicates deadlines and assists clients in meeting deadlines. Participates in IPS sales conference – in some situations presents client titles to sales team.
- Operates as the expert for all things pertaining to assigned clients.
- Travel 15% of the time (5-7 times per year)
Section 2: Minimum Qualifications
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or year-for-year directly related experience in account management
- 4 years book industry (distribution, buying, selling) or client management experience
- 1 year experience with MS Excel and Word
Section 3: Preferred Qualifications
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Background in publishing
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group Inc. is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our clients and customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.