9606 Aero Drive, Suite 1000, San Diego, CA, United States, 92123
Do you have experience as an Assistant Buyer-Book and are looking to join an amazing company in San Diego? Be a part of our retail organization recognized as the national leader in operating world-class gift shops at cultural attractions!
EVENT NETWORK is an entrepreneurial, fast growing retailer that proudly operates cultural attraction retail stores throughout North America. Our venues include zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, botanical gardens, traveling exhibitions and other highly regarded cultural attractions. To see a complete list of our partnerships, please visit us at www.eventnetwork.com.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Assistant Buyer, Book (Full-time) will manage the Purchase Order Lifecycle from start to finish, in collaboration with the Planning Director and Buyer. Supports the Book Buyer in the execution of the product vision, assortment planning, and allocation of inventory by store/department to maximize sales, per cap, gross margin and inventory health.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Book Buyer and work with the Planning Director to achieve sales, per cap, inventory levels consistent with OTB and inventory goals, SKU assortments, and COGS goals.
- Work with Planning Director to ensure the inventory levels at each store adhere to the open-to-buy. Ensure that the quantities and assortments are appropriate to achieve the company’s sales, per cap, and profitability objectives.
- Place all new orders and reorders including transfers.
- Track and manage Purchase Orders, Booking Orders, Transfers, Return Shipments, and other related functions, including follow-up with vendors.
- Manage life cycle of products. Working with Planners and Buyers, initiate markdowns on products to maintain assortment objectives. Work closely with the buying and planning team on the management of active, inactive, best sellers, seasonal, and end of life products.
- Works with stores on inventory and product related issues.
- Manage vendor relations and new vendor set up.
- Develop a working knowledge of Buying functions including merchandise selection, negotiating, pricing and planning of assortments.
- Initiate and maintain system data for item setup, item maintenance, item reactivation, price and cost changes, promotional activity, and vendor setup. Ensure data is in compliance with internal standards and legal requirements.
- Assist Accounting in resolving issues related to vendor payments, freight and invoice discrepancies.
- Partner with Freight & Logistics on controlling freight cost and maintaining shipping efficiencies.
Skills / Qualifications:
- 2 years in retail as Assistant Buyer, Store Planning, or Allocation
- Book experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills, proactive and a quick study
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Reliable team player with the ability to develop great relationships with team members, vendors and stores.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
About Event Network, Inc.:
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with EVENT NETWORK is just what you've been looking for. You'll have the opportunity to join a team that takes pride in our Company Culture. Our mission is to create and maintain an environment where you are encouraged and inspired to develop yourself professionally and personally, where you are celebrated and motivated, and where we promote wellness through healthy living to enhance your quality of life.
BENEFITS – WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical /Dependent Care, Life/AD&D, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Store Discounts. We also provide a beautiful campus, free parking, onsite fitness center, relaxation room, outdoor fitness classes, breakfast, and more.
Event Network, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.