225 Varick Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Workman Publishing is a seeking an experienced, creative, and execution-oriented Marketing Manager who will bring a wide breadth of professional and personal knowledge to Workman’s diverse publishing categories. The ideal candidate will be passionate about books and have an interest in food, popular culture, health and wellness. We are seeking someone with a positive, can-do attitude, who is able to multi-task and stay on track in a fast-paced work environment.
- Develop and execute campaigns for the majority of frontlist titles each season, working to realize the strategy and plans developed by the Executive Director of Publicity and Marketing and the Associate Director of Marketing. Includes digital and traditional platforms, as well as the design and use of promotional materials for authors, accounts, and authorless events.
- Facilitate large-scale partnerships and promotions with third parties for both backlist and frontlist titles.
- Execute backlist campaigns as developed by the Associate Director of Marketing.
- Assist in the strategy, design, submission, and billing of all ads across digital, print, and broadcast media.
- Assist in bookstore promotions and mailings for all applicable titles each season.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Workman’s presence at select business-to-consumer conferences.
- Work closely with authors to develop title campaigns and build personal brands.
- 3+ years experience in book marketing, sales, or publicity.
- Experience with MailChimp and Word Press or similar platforms.
- A strong knowledge of bookselling and the publishing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Experience with design tools including Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Workman Publishing Co.:
Workman Publishing, an independent publisher of award-winning cookbooks, children’s books, parenting/pregnancy guides, as well as high-end gift books, fiction, gardening, humor, country living, and calendars. Our West Village office is high-energy and creative, staffed by people who love interesting books.