Manager of Events & Marketing
17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, United States, 98155
Third Place Books is a large independent bookstore located in Lake Forest Park, Washington with two additional locations in the Ravenna and Seward Park neighborhoods of Seattle. We are seeking a Manager of Events & Marketing. Our Manager of Events & Marketing plans, manages, and promotes roughly 150 events/year featuring both local and high profile authors. Third Place Books is seeking a motivated, organized, and personable individual to maintain and grow our successful events program.
- Schedule all author events for main store in Lake Forest Park.
- Monitor & Support author event scheduling for Ravenna Third Place & Third Place Seward Park
- Monitor and support the Offsite Events Department.
- Supervise event hosting team, maintaining hosting standards and constantly looking for ways to improve author and attendee experience.
- Host 2-3 events a week in-store.
- Actively foster positive relationships with authors and event attendees.
- Pitching New York publishing houses to secure nationally touring authors.
- Manage all details and be team leader for large and/or ticketed events in-store.
- Regularly evaluate event logistics and processes working with in-store event coordinator to make improvements.
- Create and manage all in-store non-author events at Lake Forest Park, including but not limited to children’s story times, Independent Bookstore Day, and Small Business Saturday.
- Procure and manage event titles to support successful sales at all events and manage efficient timely returns.
- Maintain an organized program with standardized procedures, event evaluation processes and strive to improve event production.
- Build relationships with publicists, sales reps and other publishing representatives to raise the profile of Third Place Books events.
- Coordinate public relations with major media outlets including writing press releases.
- Create and maintain partnership opportunities with local community organization and high profile local authors for coordinating events.
- Maintain constant correspondence with author and publicists to plan events event logistics
- Create and manage all external Company communications strategies, coach management on communications tactics for engagement with staff and customers on organizational changes.
- Conceptualize and manage print, online and social media communications designed to promote the Company brand and events calendar, and establish and maintain a communications calendar.
- Manage and create the event marketing initiatives in store, in print, radio, and on all social media channels.
- Manage social media staff at all three Third Place locations to maintain consistent content, and ensure a unique feel for all three stores.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for incoming media calls and develop news releases and media responses.
- Create all email communications for the Lake Forest Park location and seek to grow the contact list through creative promotions. Monitor email communications & schedule for both Ravenna Third Place and Third Place Seward Park.
- Direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to brand initiatives and sales promotions.
- Preserve brand integrity by monitoring the consistency and quality of marketing content at all three Third Place locations.
- Create art and graphics for effective merchandising, advertising and web promotions.
- Work with staff graphic designer to create in-store signage, monthly events print calendar, and maintain company web pages.
- 4-6 year of event planning & marketing with book industry experience preferred.
- The ability to enthusiastically represent the Third Place voice and brand at store and industry events.
- Creative problem solver with a strong belief that there is always a solution.
- Well-organized and capable of juggling multiple projects at one time.
- Personable & confident, public speaking required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), copy writing skills a must.
- Experience managing a team.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks.
- Pursues change and innovation and challenges established norms where appropriate to ensure growth & improvement of the events program.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build relationships within and outside of an organization.
- A love of books and knowledge of a wide variety of books a must.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, InDesign. Photoshop and Illustrator a plus. Able to provide samples of design work.
40 hours/week with varying hours & days based on events schedule.
Bachelors’s Degree Required
Medical, Dental and Vision
Generous Store Discount
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Management: 4 years