Marketing and Publicity Assistant
853 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10003
Soho Press is looking for a creative and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic marketing and publicity team.
Experience: 0–2 years of publishing industry experience preferred, but experience in related industries will be taken into account.
This is a hybrid position that will work on both marketing and publicity projects across all three of our imprints: Soho Press, Soho Crime, and Soho Teen.
- The ideal candidate will be a curious, pan-genre reader. An interest in Young Adult literature or Crime/Mystery fiction is a consideration.
- This position will provide logistical and administrative support for publicity and marketing projects, campaigns, and staff. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining multiple schedules and threads of communication. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Maintaining the schedule and materials for departmental meetings.
- Managing our author touring program. This includes event concept development, implementation, scheduling, and travel logistics.
- Organizing awards submissions and eventually working to manage the movement of galleys and finished books for marketing and publicity purposes.
- This position will expand to include convention planning and organization. This will include shipping of marketing assets, advanced reading copies, and scheduling staff travel as well as maintaining staff schedules.
- Secondary tasks will include running a handful of publicity campaigns in addition to providing support to senior publicists on their projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting press releases, maintaining publicity lists, scheduling mailings, following up with interested reviewers and media outlets, and writing publicity/marketing copy for your assigned titles.
- Social Media and Website tasks:
- The ideal candidate will have an interest and experience in using social media platforms and the Wordpress blogging platform.
- Experience with photo/image editing programs and applications is a plus.
This is an entry level position with ample opportunity for growth.
About Soho Press:
Soho Press is an independent book publisher based in Manhattan’s Union Square. Founded in 1986, Soho publishes 90 books a year across its Soho Press, Soho Crime and Soho Teen lists, and is known for introducing bold new literary voices, award-winning international crime fiction, and compelling young adult literature.