Sales Assistant/Sales Coordinator – Adult Field
375 Hudson Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Do you love books and bookstores? Would you like to learn how to sell your favorite books into those bookstores? Then we may have the perfect opportunity for you! Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Assistant or Sales Coordinator to provide support to the Vice President and Director of Account Marketing and the Vice President and Director of Adult Retail Sales. This position will also support the Random House Adult Field Sales team with administrative tasks and will have the opportunity to execute both sales and marketing responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organizing details for author events and coordinating mailings and promotions.
- Utilizing social media platforms to execute marketing strategies for independent bookstores.
- Communicating with the Field Sales team to update and ensure the accuracy of information in Edelweiss.
- Strategizing and coordinating materials for sales reps, including mailing galleys and advanced reader copies.
- Running monthly business reviews and weekly tracking reports.
- Running sales reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Organizing and preparing materials for regional trade shows.
- Communicating with libraries and national bookstores for marketing purposes.
- Working closely with internal departments and external organizations on marketing and sales initiatives.
- Providing general administrative support as needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one year of publishing experience to be considered at the Coordinator level, sales or marketing preferred
- Previous bookstore experience a plus
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proactive with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating across all levels within an organization
- Ability to work well under pressure and to solve problems effectively
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Understanding of social media as a marketing tool
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Edelweiss a plus
Salary for the Assistant level is $35,500. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House:
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley Books, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Fodor’s, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at penguinrandomhouse.com.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.