Ordering Specialist - Buying Department
768 Boston Post Road, Madison, CT, United States, 06443
Ordering Specialist - Buying Department (Madison location)
We are seeking an organized, responsible, creative, and dynamic problem-solver to join our talented team of book buyers.
The R.J. Julia Booksellers Ordering Specialist will play an integral role in downloading and placing all book orders, special orders, and event orders with publishers and wholesalers. Primary responsibilities include:
- Sourcing, placing, and managing all individual special orders for customers
- Sending and managing all publisher and wholesaler orders
- Working closely with RJ Julia Book Buyers to coordinate order placement
- Working closely with RJ Julia Event Coordinators to order all event books
- Maintaining vendor files
• Computer Skills: Applicants must be competent in Microsoft Office. Experience with Wordstock is highly valued, but not necessary.
• Physicality: The ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 lbs in weight.
• Organization: This position includes a variety of tasks, so being able to multi-task and stay organized is important.
• Book Lover: Since we're in the business of books, ideal applicants will share our enthusiasm for the business and maintain an awareness of industry happenings.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter stating your interest in the position and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
About R.J. Julia Booksellers:
Located in the shoreline town of Madison, Connecticut, R.J. Julia Booksellers has always been a place of inspiration, information, and excitement.
R.J. Julia opened 27 years ago as an independent bookstore whose mission was, and is, to be a place where words matter, where writer meets reader, where the ambiance and selection and merchandising of books creates an atmosphere that is welcoming and presents the opportunity for discovery. Ultimately we are fiercely committed to putting the right book in the right hand.
We are extremely proud of having won several major awards nationally, statewide and locally, including in part: Publishers Weekly Bookseller of the Year, Lucile Pannell award for bookselling excellence, Connecticut Magazine Best Bookstore, Connecticut Retailers Award for Community Commitment, the Advocate's Best Bookstore and the New Haven Business Small Business Award.
We host over 300 events each year. Authors from all over the country — some even from overseas — visit the store to inspire, educate, and entertain us.
In addition to our events schedule, we pride ourselves on having a knowledgeable staff, opinionated book selections (look for those little white "shelf-talker" tags), and a consuming passion for reading.