Customer Service Manager
1001 SW Klickitat Way, Suite 201, Seattle, WA, United States, 98134
Customer Service Manager / Mountaineers Books
Mountaineers Books, the leading publisher of outdoor recreation, lifestyle, and conservation books seeks a Customer Service Manager to manage order entry, maintain product data, and solve problems for our customers. This function is highly automated and the Customer Service Manager must be able to resolve technical issues related to electronic ordering, as well as facilitate the electronic distribution of product information. The primary skills needed are problem-solving abilities, scrupulous attention to details, and a desire to help customers have an excellent experience with the company.
- Order processing and point person for all customer service issues.
- Coordinate with the distribution manager weekly to ensure turnaround shipping times and address any order/shipping issues. Identify bottlenecks in shipping and work with Director of Sales and Distribution Manager to resolve them.
- Facilitate EDI-received orders and troubleshoot occasional errors with customer–partners.
- Manage all products’ metadata across all sales channels to ensure accurate data, keeping up to date with seasonal releases, corrections, and more.
- Handle all customer complaints promptly, finding creative means to happily resolve all challenges. Track sources of recurring problems and suggest solutions.
- Maintain constant communications between customer service, sales, and shipping. Encourage teamwork and mutual respect.
- Answer departmental correspondence via e-mail, fax, or regular mail, including product inquiries, order status, shortage/return credit claims, etc.
- Manage customer service with the goal of increasing sales through excellent customer experience, up-selling of relevant products, and various communications (e.g., invoice messaging, package stuffers, etc.).
- Education: BA Degree or equivalent.
- Experience: Two years minimum experience in customer service or sales area, preferably in publishing or outdoor industry.
- Knowledge and Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel) and have excellent technical aptitude to learn our enterprise publishing software, as well as interface knowledgably with our EDI customers and vendors and metadata .distribution partners. Must be detail oriented, have good oral and written communication skills, be able to prioritize and to direct a wide variety of tasks quickly. A positive, helpful attitude toward all customers is essential.
Application: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter; please explain why the mission and work of Mountaineers Books appeals to you. Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS.
About Mountaineers Books:
Mountaineers Books, including its two imprints, Skipstone and Braided River, is a leading publisher of quality outdoor recreation, sustainability, and conservation titles. As a 501(c)(3)-nonprofit, we are committed to supporting the environmental and educational goals of our 110-year-old parent organization, The Mountaineers, by providing expert information on human-powered adventure, sustainable practices at home and on the trail, and preservation of wilderness. Our office culture is friendly and highly collaborative. We offer a generous benefits package, flexible office policies, and salary DOE.
Web site: http://www.mountaineersbooks.org