Publicist - Adult Books
115 West 18th Street, New York, NY, United States, 10011
ABRAMS, the premier visual book publisher, is looking for an enthusiastic publicist to join their dynamic publicity team, on the adult side. We are looking for an outgoing person with proven media contacts and creative ideas, as well as a solid foundation in book publicity. The publicist will be responsible for successfully publicizing numerous books each season which will entail: crafting effective press materials, pitching and booking major media, garnering review attention, participating in tradeshows and setting up events and tours.
- 3-4 years of experience in publishing and PR with knowledge of illustrated books.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A high level of organization and attention to detail are essential as the candidate will be expected to juggle multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Cision and PowerPoint and knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram)
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in the cooking space as well as an interest in a range of categories including: pop culture, humor, photography, music, and design.
*Please put the title of the position in the subject of your email and include your salary requirements.
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books for adults, adolescents and young children. ABRAMS is the publisher of bestsellers such as the wildly popular "The Diary of A Wimpy Kid" series, award-winning cookbooks of Alton Brown and the stunning photography of Yann Arthus-Bertrand's "Earth From Above" series. ABRAMS is conveniently located in the NYC mid-town Chelsea area. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and paid Christmas week vacation.