Book Fair & School Programs Coordinator
1501 Vermont Street, San Francisco, CA, United States, 94107
This position is responsible for helping to plan and run approximately 30 book fairs throughout the school year, as well as scheduling and assisting at school author visits and in-store events as needed. Candidates must be familiar with children’s literature, outgoing, and able to deliver high quality customer service at all times.
- Setting up, staffing and breaking down book fairs.
- Communicating with librarians, teachers and parent volunteers during all aspects of the book fair.
- Book talks, at schools and in-store to students, parents, and educators.
- We currently have book fairs and school events in San Francisco, East Bay and the Peninsula, so reliable transportation is a must.
- Occasional weekend & evening events.
- Book keeping and maintaining current and historical sales information
- Ability to lift and move heavy boxes.
Salary commensurate with experience and includes medical, dental, vision and 401(K) plan.