Marketing & Sales Assistant
1904 Third Ave, Suite 710, Seattle, WA, United States, 98101
Reports to: Senior Publicity and Marketing Manager
Status: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Description: Based in the Seattle office of our thriving independent press, Sasquatch Books is seeking a creative, enthusiastic assistant to join our Sales and Marketing team. The Sales & Marketing Assistant will play an integral role in the department by helping get our books into the hands of media, reviewers, buyers, reps, and readers.
Primary responsibilities include creating social media and blog content that drives engagement; managing the execution of sales and publicity mailings; and streamlining processes and organization across our busy team.
The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic self-starter who is detail-oriented, energetic, and a creative problem-solver with superb communication skills. Flexibility and adaptability to our fast-paced work environment is also desired; we’re looking for an energetic team member who can jump into new projects and take on new assignments easily.
This position will provide administrative support to all staff in the Sales & Marketing group and will be a valuable member of this team. Job requirements include computer literacy in a variety of digital environments including strong writing and editing skills, visual awareness, and organizational skills.
This position is a wonderful introduction to book publishing, marketing, and public relations, as well as a unique opportunity to get involved in Seattle’s rich literary community. We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of daily tasks in the “big picture,” and who will contribute efficient and timely support functions to our team.
To apply for this role please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline to apply is June 15, 2017.
- Experience in social media marketing and content creation
- Process oriented with a drive for streamlining systems to create efficient workflow
- Creative thinker who works with energy and urgency and also attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communications ability across all mediums
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to lift large boxes (up to 30 pounds)
- Work with Senior Publicity and Marketing Manager to develop social media and blog content strategies and schedules.
- Develop and post compelling and trending content to social media platforms and company blog.
- Track metrics from social media and web activities.
- Promote events on social media and select calendar listings.
- Manage all sales and publicity mailings, including materials such as galleys, mockups and flyers, outsourcing to a mail house if needed.
- Develop and manage the timely delivery of marketing and sales materials
- Manage weekly updates to backend systems with sales and marketing information (quote pulls, updated copy, etc.)
- Manage monthly report systems
- Track and maintain internal inventory for sales and marketing team
- Adhoc information pulls in support of marketing material creation