Metadata Operations Assistant
500 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, United States, 10110
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Metadata Operations Assistant to work closely with the Metadata Operations Analyst and Metadata Operations Associate as well as other departments to ensure proper setup and timely delivery of product data. In this role, you will be working with a team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our vendor partnerships, responding to the latest industry best practices and standards, and proactively reporting and troubleshooting system issues. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and process updates to product metadata, as well as enter and correct metadata as needed;
- Review regular reports of system errors and metadata failures;
- Field questions and requests from other departments and data partners related to ONIX and related business systems and route them appropriately;
- Work with Metadata Operations Associate to identify and complete data clean-up projects;
- Maintain departmental documentation on workflow, data partners, and proprietary systems;
- Contact data partners proactively to fix problems with the ONIX process as they occur;
- Assist Metadata Operations Analyst and Metadata Operations Associate with QA testing for system enhancements and improvements.
- Employment eligibility to work in the US;
- Availability to work full business hours in our New York office;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A sharp eye for detail and strong copy editing skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in MS Excel;
- Knowledge of information systems, metadata standards, ONIX protocol, and HTML is preferred;
- 1-2 years’ prior work experience is preferred;
- Interest in books and the business side of publishing is preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a copy of their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Applications submitted without both a cover letter and resume will not be considered. Please be sure to indicate the job title for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
About W.W. Norton & Company:
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.