AMACOM Publicity Intern
1601 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10019
AMACOM, American Management Association's Publishing Division (www.amacombooks.org) is looking for an intern in the publicity department assisting the publicity director.
- Proof publicity press material and coordinate printing of publicity material
- Send out review requests and bound galleys
- Coordinate review copy and seasonal catalog mailing to our distribution center in SLK
- Provide assistance in updating and maintaining publicity database
- Conduct publicity research for select books using outside database (Cision) and author questionnaire
- Maintain NetGalley which includes: upload ePub file; share widget with marketing, editorial, and author; approve requests; and archive old titles
- Post reviews, press kit, book awards, and webcasts and podcasts to PIM
- Assist publicity director on lead books and other select titles
- Handle call for information from PW, Library Journal, Choice
- Post entries to AMACOM Books Blog using WordPress
- Assist Publicity Director with social media
- Other related duties
- BA/BS required
- Demonstrated interest in publishing required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, creative writing ability
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently in a busy environment, and also work as a team member on projects
Please apply on our website www.amanet.org under AMA Careers
An EEO/AA Employer, M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans - An ADA compliance organization.
American Management Association (www.amanet.org) is a world leader in talent development, advancing the skills of individuals to drive business success. AMA’s approach to improving performance combines experiential learning—learning through doing—with opportunities for ongoing professional growth at every step of one’s career journey. AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of products and services, including classroom and virtual seminars, webcasts, webinars, podcasts, conferences, corporate and government solutions, business books and research. Organizations worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 500, turn to AMA as their trusted partner in professional development and draw upon its experience to enhance skills, abilities and knowledge with noticeable results from day one.