Marketing Manager, Liveright Publishing
500 Fifth Ave, New York, NY, United States, 10110
Liveright Publishing Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary and imprint of W.W. Norton & Company, is seeking a Marketing Manager with 3+ years experience in trade publishing. Reporting to the Director of Marketing for W.W. Norton, this position is responsible for bringing Liveright books to the largest possible readership through innovative marketing campaigns.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Creates and implements title-specific marketing campaigns for upcoming titles, as well as titles currently in the marketplace, working in close conjunction with Director of Marketing.
- Targets available audiences for assigned titles -- and strategizes ways to reach them through advertising, promotion, social media and email marketing.
- Assists and refines catalog copy, advertising & promotion copy and sales materials.
- Works with editors to explain, refine, and enact marketing plans, including traditional print advertising, online and social media promotions.
- Collaborates and brainstorms with editorial and publicity colleagues to create a strategic launch for front list and trade paperbacks.
- Clearly communicates design needs and deadlines to Marketing Director and outside advertising agency and designers.
- Coordinate with Trade sales colleagues to effectively plan and execute seasonal and Trade show promotions.
- Manages book promotion plans and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours in our New York office.
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in book publishing, particularly with both serious nonfiction and literary fiction.
- Fluency in key marketing concepts and tools including email, social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram a must), search, as well as traditional book marketing methods.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop as well as general computer skills are expected.
- Experience with basic HTML, XML, PHP and basic design software a plus.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a copy of their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
About W.W. Norton & Company:
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.” For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.