Sales & Operations Coordinator
1400 Broadway, Suite 520 , New York, NY, United States, 10018
Ingram Publisher Services International is currently seeking a Sales & Operations Coordinator with experience in book publishing, book marketing, or book distribution to join our International Sales team for Ingram Publishers Services in New York City.
In this role, you will support the International Sales team as they manage and develop business in our export markets for our Client Publishers. The position will assist in coordinating various departmental processes including our international publishing program, drop shipments, sales projections, sales analysis, and international operations.
We are the largest distributor of independent publishers servicing clients under the IPS, PGW, Perseus Distribution, and Consortium Book Sales and Distribution brands.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work cross-functionally with international sales team, distribution clients, and central services departments (IT, customer service, operations, inventory, etc.) to resolve and improve operational needs and department processes
- Supports the international publishing program, including UK, Australia, Asia, and India local editions
- Maintains tracking grid for special print runs and projects for international sales team and work with publishers to obtain approvals
- Administers, from start to finish, the overseas drop shipment process for the department
- Monitors monthly inventory stock levels for select publishers and key list of titles
- Point person to troubleshoot all international operations and metadata inquiries
- Assists with the integration of new IPS publishers into the International Sales export program
- Generates and organizes sales reports and analysis for international sales team
- Coordinate title projections for department by working closely with sales reps to ensure publishers have timely projections in order to set print runs
- Implements and streamlines processes for new client publisher onboarding
- Maintains client publisher distribution rights grid
- Works directly with customers to resolve operational needs
- Acts as expert on internal and vendor systems, including rep training and troubleshooting issues
- Assists in departmental presentations, special projects and book fair preparation as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Year for Year related experience
- 2+ years experience in publishing or office environment
- 2+ years experience supporting a sales team
- Advanced level Experience with MS Excel (pivot tables and other advanced functions)
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.