Sales & Support Representative - Specialty Retail
1700 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA, United States, 94710
Ingram Content Group (ICG), is currently seeking a Sales & Support Representative with experience in book publishing, book marketing, or book distribution to join our Specialty Gifts Sales team in Berkeley, CA.
Our Ingram Publisher Services (IPS) division brings you the world’s largest and most reliable distribution network, combined with a sales team of passionate book lovers and access to the industry’s leading e-book and print-on-demand technologies. IPS specializes in Warehousing and Order Fulfillment, Sales, Operational Support, Reporting, Billing, and Collections.
Our specialty retail sales staff consists a six-person sales group, and consists of in-house sales reps and a multitude of commissioned reps across the United States. Most major specialty accounts are handled in-house while commissioned groups are used for independent gift and gourmet accounts. Our extensive network of field reps has twice won Publishers Weekly’s "Rep of the Year" award in recent years and our overall sales team is highly respected throughout the trade with a knack for choosing breakout titles and building bestsellers.
In this role, you will support the Gift Sales team as they manage and develop business in our retail and gift markets for our Client Publishers. The position will assist in coordinating various departmental processes including our publishing program, sales analysis, and sales materials for outside reps. This is a fast paced, dynamic, and ever changing role, so if you are up for a rewarding challenge and using your organizational skills for a career in the publishing field, then this may be the role for you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work cross-functionally with sales team, distribution clients, and central services departments (IT, customer service, operations, inventory, etc.) to resolve and improve operational needs and department processes
- Point person to troubleshoot all gift account retail sales operations
- Assists with the integration of new IPS publishers into the Gift Sales program
- Generates and organizes sales reports and analysis for sales team
- Implements and streamlines processes for new client publisher onboarding
- Works with outside reps and directly with customers to answer inquires and resolve operational needs
- Acts as expert on internal and vendor systems, including rep training and troubleshooting issues
- Assists in departmental presentations, special projects and sales meeting preparation as needed
- Assists with production of Gift Book Catalog, creates / edits / maintains sales kits, presentation materials, and product samples for reps and sales team assuring materials are up-to-date and accurate and available
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Year for Year related experience
- 2+ years experience in publishing or office environment
- 2+ years experience supporting a sales team
- Advanced level Experience with MS Excel (pivot tables and other advanced functions)
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.