Publicity Manager - Books Division
1140 Broadway, 14th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 10001
F+W is seeking an experienced and energetic Publicity Manager to work with in its Books Department. This position will be responsible for creating national and targeted publicity and online campaigns for the F+W list. The Publicity Manager will report to the VP Director of Sales and Marketing and is based out of our office in New York, NY.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop comprehensive, creative and successful publicity plans each season for the list of titles
- Pitches and books regional and national book & blogger tours and appearances.
- Pitches books to media in a timely manner and secures press coverage for assigned titles, as well as key backlist categories.
- Researches media outlets, writes press materials and oversees book review mailings.
- Create and maintain library and academic lists of key influencers.
- Maintain close relationships with print, broadcast media and online media.
- Establish and maintain list of media contacts and publicity data bases.
- Manage author care where needed
- Attend trade, library and consumer shows when needed
- Experience working with a wide variety of local and national media; knowledge of print, broadcast and online media contacts, trade book publishing, and the overall media landscape
- Superb written and verbal communication skills; poise and confidence in communicating with authors, agents, media and in-house colleagues
- Fluent with systems such as Meltwater, Edelweiss and Concur
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5 years prior book publishing or publicity experience
About F+W Media:
F+W, A Content + eCommerce Company (formerly F+W Media) is the leading content, ecommerce, and education entity serving enthusiast communities including art, design, craft, quilting, writing, outdoors, and astronomy. The Company owns and operates more than 30 niche ecommerce stores and its portfolio includes online education platforms, books, magazines, catalog businesses, professional and consumer events, public and cable television programs, and more.
We are committed to providing the very best experience for our consumers across our niche categories. We offer exclusive programs and products, Best-in-Industry Customer Service (100% Guaranteed), Curated Kit Flash Sales, Rewards and VIP programs, personalized 1-to-1 marketing, and more.
The greatest asset of any organization is its people. And the talents, energy, and creativity of our employees are unrivaled. We reward and foster innovation and entrepreneurship focused on a singular mission: to serve our Consumers and our Communities. Our employees are our best brand advocates and we value that, above all.