Client Relations Manager (NY)
1400 Broadway, Suite 520, New York, NY, United States, 10018
Ingram Content Group (ICG), is currently seeking a Client Relations Manager with experience in book trade sales, marketing, or distribution to join our Perseus Distribution team in New York City.
In this role, you will manage the day-to-day relationship with a group of publishers who use our services for print and eBook distribution, sales, and marketing. You will facilitate communication between clients and departments across the company including sales, marketing, finance, and all operational and service areas.
If you are good at problem solving, organized, and enjoy working with publishers in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serves as liaison between assigned client publishers and the Ingram organization across departments including sales, marketing, finance, and all operational service areas.
- Develops and maintains profitable and successful relationships with Perseus Distribution client publishers.
- Develops client-specific agenda and objectives; prepares appropriate reports; discusses client’s current/year-to-date business; communicates changes in policy/procedure, explains benefits and requirements; discusses any issues and concerns; and commits to a follow-up plan.
- Works closely with client publishers and shared assistant to help produce effective sales materials and prepare for seasonal sales meetings.
- Helps develop print projections for frontlist titles and track progress of orders against projections.
- Provides guidance on print and eContent merchandising opportunities.
- Operates as the expert for all things pertaining to assigned clients.
- Coordinates and/or provides basic training on all systems to clients as needed.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or year-for-year directly related experience in account management
- 4+ years of experience in a client services, sales, or marketing role within the book industry
- 1 year experience with MS Excel and Word
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Strong knowledge of the book publishing industry
- Experience working with cross functional sales teams
- Some travel availability
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.