14 Ingram Blvd, Lavergne, TN, United States, 37086
Ingram Content Group (ICG), is currently seeking a Licensing Manager to join our Digital Products group in La Vergne, TN. You’ll join an entrepreneurial team with an inquisitive spirit focused on improving book discovery and e-commerce.
In this role, you will manage Ingram’s subscriptions and licenses to third-party data sources, including review owners, point of sale data vendors (such as Nielsen and NPD) and other valuable data relationships. You’ll negotiate data contracts with the Director, Product Metadata, ensuring product and budget requirements are equally considered. Your role will include partnering with the Manager, Data Services, as well as other Ingram SaaS teams on requirements for data products and services; ensure smooth integrations with existing products and internal systems. Finally, you will manage our licensed data budget, measuring against sales to keep a positive profit and loss balance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages Ingram’s data subscriptions and licenses; assists in negotiating favorable terms for Ingram and clients. Apply judgment to determine instances where to strategically trade data.
- Maintains and updates Ingram’s template licensing agreements.
- Builds and maintains a pipeline of data partners using knowledge of products and services and input from the Manager, Data Services to target relevant data to add to the catalog.
- Devises new business models and licensing opportunities from within current partnerships.
- Educates and informs colleagues who represent Ingram SaaS platforms, especially iQ and ipage, on the licensed data available. Provides regular updates on the pipeline.
- Manages the licensing budget; measuring against licensed data sales to keep a positive profit and loss balance.
- Ensures existing agreements are compatible and contemporary with rapidly changing technologies, especially regarding API access; seeks to license new data formats and content types, such as digital video, to keep products relevant.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or directly related year for year experience
- 2 years’ experience in licensing of data or products
- 2 years’ experience with contract negotiation
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Publishing/book industry experience
- Experience with XML
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.