195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
HarperCollins Children’s Books is currently seeking an Editor to join a small, but dynamic team editing and occasionally acquiring a wide array of high-profile projects.
- Works closely with the Executive Editor to conceptualize and acquire new titles with a focus on highly commercial projects (often with an existing entertainment-related angle) across all age ranges.
- Deals directly with authors, illustrators, and agents.
- Participates in contract negotiation.
- Develops new, original in-house ideas and ushers them through all stages of the acquisitions and editorial process.
- Tracks pop culture and social media trends.
- Edits on-going series and projects as assigned by Executive Editor.
- Participates in all stages of book production from receipt of manuscript to actual publication; writes copy, marketing and launch notes.
- Works with designers, copyeditors, sales, design, and subrights in the execution of tasks.
- Presents projects at key editorial, acquisitions, launch, and sales meetings.
- Drafts all relevant copy for projects.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 4 years of editorial experience in children’s publishing required
- Thorough understanding of the children's market, as well as publishing process for children's books
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and set priorities under pressure
- Self-starter with ideas to burn
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
Enjoys working in a fast-paced, idea-driven environment
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.