1290 6th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10020
Hachette Book Group is seeking a Sales Manager/Director to expertly manage James Patterson’s record-setting sales program. Our ideal candidate has a collaborative spirit and the ability to multi-task and think analytically.
• Set goals and budgets for the sales program, including all sales channels.
• Strategically improve and create new retail programs.
• Analyze compliance, pricing, and sales trends.
• Sell to key accounts in collaboration with other sales colleagues.
• Track program results and report findings.
• Work collaboratively across a multi-disciplinary publishing team.
• At least 3 years’ experience in book publishing, or other relevant consumer goods sales environment, preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft office products, particularly Excel; strong analytical skills
• Possession of excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Hachette Book Group:
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre (a Lagardère company), the third-largest trade and educational publisher in the world. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Hachette Books, Hachette Nashville, and Hachette Audio.
HBG’s bestselling authors include Sherman Alexie, David Baldacci, Sandra Brown, Stephen Colbert, Chris Colfer, Michael Connelly, Amy Cuddy, Jeffery Deaver, Tina Fey, Malcolm Gladwell, Shannon Hale, Elin Hilderbrand, Mark Hyman, T.D. Jakes, Sebastian Junger, John Maxwell, Brad Meltzer, Joyce Meyer, Stephenie Meyer, J.R. Moehringer, Joel Osteen, Gwyneth Paltrow, James Patterson, Randy Pausch, David Perlmutter, Jerry Pinkney, Keith Richards, J.K. Rowling, J.D. Salinger, Stacy Schiff, David Sedaris, Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler, Nicholas Sparks, Jon Stewart, Donna Tartt, Scott Turow, David Foster Wallace, Brent Weeks, Tom Wolfe, and Malala Yousafzai.
In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG provides a wide range of custom services to third party publishers, such as distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services. Some of HBG’s clients include: Harry N. Abrams, Chronicle Books, Disney Book Group, Gildan Media, Hachette UK, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Kids Can Press, Marvel, Moleskine, Nicholas Brealey, Octopus Books, Paula Deen Ventures, Peterson’s, Phaidon Press, Phoenix International Publications (pikids), Quarto Publishing Group, Quercus, Time Inc. Books, and Yen Press.