Sales & Support Representative (National Accounts)
1700 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA, United States, 94710
Starts: Open Until Fillled
Ingram Content Group (ICG), is currently seeking a Sales & Support Representative with experience in book publishing, book retail sales, customer service or distribution to join our National Accounts team in Berkeley, CA.
Our Ingram Publisher Services (IPS) division brings you the world’s largest and most reliable distribution network, combined with a sales team of passionate book lovers and access to the industry’s leading e-book and print-on-demand technologies.
Our National Accounts team consists of a four-person sales group based in Berkeley and scattered across the country. We are responsible for sales representations of over a hundred, independent publishers into major book retail chains and wholesalers across the United States. Our publishers are best in class and our sales team is passionate about growing sales on their behalf.
In this role, you will support the sales team as they manage and develop business on behalf of our Client Publishers. The position will assist in coordinating various departmental processes including our appointment preparation, sales analysis, and sales materials. This is a fast paced, dynamic, and ever changing role, so if you are up for a rewarding challenge and using your organizational skills for a career in the publishing field, then this may be the role for you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work cross-functionally with sales team, distribution clients, and central services departments (IT, customer service, operations, inventory, etc.) to resolve and improve operational needs and department processes
- Point person to troubleshoot all national account retail sales operations
- Assist with the integration of new IPS publishers
- Generate and organize sales reports and analysis for sales team
- Implement and streamline processes as needed
- Coordinate title projections for department by working closely with sales reps to ensure publishers have timely projections in order to set print runs
- Work with client management, reps, customers and publishers to answer inquires and resolve operational needs
- Maintains client publisher distribution rights grid
- Assists in departmental presentations, special projects and monthly sales meeting preparation
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Year for Year related experience
- 2+ years experience in publishing or office environment
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- 2+ years experience supporting a sales team
- 2+ years experience in Customer Service or Retail Bookselling
- Advanced level Experience with MS Excel and Powerpoint
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.