Royalty Accounting Associate
195 Broadway, 9th floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Starts: Open Until Fillled
Summary: Assist with entering royalty agreement details into the InfoCrossing royalty system, preparation of royalty statements, and research and respond to inquiries from authors and agents.
- Process and prepare both system and manual royalty statements for authors
- Read author’s contract and extract information needed to setup accounting in royalty system
- Set up new author’s contracts
- Update author and agent information
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Research and respond to inquiries from authors and agents
- Maintain and post subsidiary rights income to royalty system and verify author’s share on royalty statement
- Filing and other general offices duties as assigned
- Code payment requests
- Assist with audit requests
- Two years previous work experience in a similar position preferably within the publishing industry
- Associate’s degree preferably in accounting or business administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiar with general ledger systems
- Must be organized, detail oriented, with ability to handle multiple projects
- Good command of English language skills, both oral and written
- A plus: experience with a royalty system
*Please put the TITLE OF THE POSITION in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and your salary requirements.
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books and gift paper products for adults, adolescents and young children, and creates critically acclaimed and bestselling works under the following imprints: Abrams; Abrams ComicArts; Abrams Image; Abrams Books for Young Readers; Amulet Books; Abrams Appleseed, Abrams Noterie, Abrams Press, and Abrams Calendars.
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.