Book Buying Assistant
51 Tamal Vista Blvd., Corte Madera, CA, United States, 94925
We are looking for a dynamic assistant to join our buying team. The Buying Assistant would support the Buying Director and the Events office by performing the following duties:
- Ordering and managing titles for events
- Ordering and managing titles for in-store book groups
- Ordering and managing titles for in-store classes
- Supporting the buying team by placing special orders or wholesaler orders as needed
- Digitally transferring stock between our three locations
- Working on the sales floor as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or at least a year’s experience working in a bookstore
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Comfortable communicating with both publishers and customers
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work well under pressure
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Book Passage:
Book Passage has served the Bay Area for more than 40 years, providing the community with an array of author events, writing and language classes, and highly-respected annual conferences.
A world renowned community bookstore, we offer a wide variety of books ranging from children’s literature to travel guides, from top-selling fiction to mystery novels, and we continue to work diligently with community and nonprofit organizations.
Book Passage has three stores, in Corte Madera, in the San Francisco Ferry Building, and our newest location in downtown Sausalito.