Marketing & Publicity Assistant – Children’s books
195 Broadway, 9th floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Starts: Open Until Filled
ABRAMS is seeking a high-energy individual with superior organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and a strong interest in the children’s book industry. This position reports to the VP, Children’s Marketing and Publicity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and execute mailings for the group including media/reviewer, bookseller, educator/librarian mailings
- Oversee and execute submissions for national, regional, institutional, and state awards
- Book travel/lodging for author appearances, conferences and tours
- Process department invoices / check requests
- Manage receipt and distribution of reviews
- Administrative support for marketing, school & library marketing, and publicity teams
- Communicate marketing, media, and event highlights to division
- Provide back-up support to reception as scheduled
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Internships in the publishing and/or PR industry a plus
*Please put the TITLE OF THE POSITION in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and your salary requirements.
About Abrams Books:
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books and gift paper products for adults, adolescents and young children, and creates critically acclaimed and bestselling works under the following imprints: Abrams; Abrams ComicArts, Abrams Image, Abrams Books for Young Readers, Amulet Books, Abrams Appleseed, Abrams Noterie, Abrams Press, and Abrams Calendars.
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.