6-month Project Associate Director, Special Markets
1290 6th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10020
The primary function of the Associate Director, Special Marketsis to grow the retail sales in the non-traditional marketplace by selling national accounts and finding new prospects within their channel.
The project is through February 2018 with a potential of converting to full-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage non-traditional national accounts across the country
- Present book lists to all accounts seasonally
- Create sales presentations and materials for accounts
- Run and analyze sales reports
- Grow the non-traditional retail business
- Provide customer service for accounts, including questions on inventory, pricing, title information, and order tracking
- Process orders on a daily basis
- Work with other Special Markets team members to develop and grow the business in an effective and efficient manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 3-5 years prior publishing experience
- Demonstrated track record and interest in growing sales
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced sales department preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and detail oriented.
- The candidate must be agile and be able to perform multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and have strong analytical skills and comfort working with numbers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with accounts, clients, and staff
- Must be able to travel