195 Broadway 9th floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Starts: Open Until Fillled
Summary: Responsible for certain editorial tasks to support and develop the Abrams list, particularly in craft, DIY, and lifestyle
• Editing and project managing titles; preparing sales materials, fact sheets, and catalog copy; requesting contracts and tracking payments; engaging in social media on behalf of the imprint; answering queries and responding to proposals; tracking trends and identifying emerging talent with an eye toward developing the list
• Working with authors; assigning freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers; working with the design and production departments
• Assisting the Associate Publisher with new title acquisition
• Attend approved events to acquire market information
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of three years of experience in trade publishing, preferably with knowledge of illustrated books
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team
• An enthusiastic and flexible outlook is essential
• Must be able to meet deadlines while juggling simultaneous tasks
• Strong interest in lifestyle categories, particularly DIY and crafts
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
No sponsorship available
Please put the TITLE OF THE POSITION in the subject line. Please email your resume and salary requirements.
About Abrams Books:
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.