Northeast Sales Representative
Northeast, United States
To represent the three University Press Sales Associates (UPSA) presses--The MIT Press, Princeton University Press, Yale University Press--at independent bookstores, museum retailers, and wholesalers in the Northeastern United States (DC, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME), and to seek and build sales in non-traditional markets.
- Travel to key retailers (independent and museum stores) and wholesalers in the territory to sell in frontlist for the three presses.
- Promotion of backlist and stocking in the accounts.
- Keeping stores apprised of title schedules, major publicity, and marketing
- Pitching relevant trade titles to wholesalers supplying airport stores.
- Attending twice-annual sales conferences; preparing seasonal Edelweiss markups and regular call reports; availability for additional calls with sales directors of each press.
- Managing booths at regional bookseller trade shows.
A cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume should be emailed to all three sales directors:
David Goldberg, The MIT Press email@example.com
Timothy Wilkins, Princeton University Press Timothy_Wilkins@press.princeton.edu
Jay Cosgrove, Yale University Press firstname.lastname@example.org
University Press Sales Associates (UPSA) is the sales group shared by MIT Press, Princeton University Press, and Yale University Press.
UPSA offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to thrive in a growing business.