Executive Director of Marketing
175 5th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10010
The Executive Director of Marketing is responsible for marketing and ad/promo efforts for the Tor/Forge/Tor Teen and Starscape imprints. The position strategizes and executes marketing campaigns for Adult, Teen and Middle Grade titles. An ideal candidate can manage and prioritize workflow and represent marketing strategies at both in-house and out-of-house meetings. The Executive Director reports directly to the VP, Marketing & Publicity, and manages a team of 9.
• Develop and execute strategic, integrated marketing plans
• Supervise creative for ads and other promotional materials
• Manage annual marketing budget
• Prepare marketing proposals for potential acquisitions
• Prepare selling materials to present at seasonal sales meetings
• Work directly with authors on marketing strategy
• Develop unique marketing opportunities
• Collaborate with key in-house departments including: --Publicity, Digital, Channel Marketing, Publishing, Sales—as well as Macmillan centralized departments and outside vendors.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong manager
• Strategic thinker
• 10+ years in publishing working in adult and/or children’s books
• Managed at least 3 employees
Educational Background Required:
• College Degree
Macmillan is a group of media companies in the United States held by Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck, based in Stuttgart, Germany, which publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products for the consumer and education markets. Our American publishers include Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Henry Holt & Company, W.H. Freeman and Worth Publishers, Bedford/St. Martin’s, Picador, Roaring Brook Press, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Hayden McNeil, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio and Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.