New York Field Sales Representative
1290 6th Avenue, New York, NY, United States, 10020
The New York Field Sales Representative will be based in Hachette Book Group's NY office and is responsible for selling Hachette Book Group and Client publisher titles to an established territory of independent bookstores and wholesale account in the New York Metro area and Connecticut.
The Representative will achieve individual and company sales goals and increase territory net sales through:
• Creative presentation of new and backlist titles during sales appointments
• Management of relationships with established accounts and development of new accounts.
• Providing high-touch customer service to accounts by informing them about changes to the list, special offers and publicity, and helping to plan and coordinate promotions and coop advertising,
• Generating regular feedback on titles, promotions and sales
• Sales analysis and reporting
• Acting on behalf of accounts with internal departments, such as Marketing, Publicity, Customer Financial Services, etc., adhering to company policies.
• Managing estimates for indie-exclusive promotional offers (displays, signed editions) and monitor sell-in; collaborate with field to maximize indie-exclusive promotional placement
• Providing indie-specific sales analytics for budgeting, initial laydown projections
• 2 years of trade publishing and/or sales experience.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and an excellent telephone manner, with an interest in and ability to speak about books.
• Strong organizational skills, be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, and be able to work independently.
• Abiity to resolve issues professionally in a timely fashion, involving multiple parties as necessary, while maintaining high level of customer care, and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and ability to participate as a team member in a small department.
• Enthusiasm for books-pre-publication reading a must.
• Microsoft Word and Excel as well as database experience.
• candidate must be able to travel via car, train and plane approximately 30% and be adaptable and willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary - author dinners, trade shows, etc.
About Hachette Book Group:
achette Book Group is a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre (a Lagardère company), the third-largest trade and educational publisher in the world. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Hachette Books, Hachette Nashville, and Hachette Audio.
HBG’s bestselling authors include Sherman Alexie, David Baldacci, Sandra Brown, Stephen Colbert, Chris Colfer, Michael Connelly, Amy Cuddy, Jeffery Deaver, Tina Fey, Malcolm Gladwell, Shannon Hale, Elin Hilderbrand, Mark Hyman, T.D. Jakes, Sebastian Junger, John Maxwell, Brad Meltzer, Joyce Meyer, Stephenie Meyer, J.R. Moehringer, Joel Osteen, Gwyneth Paltrow, James Patterson, Randy Pausch, David Perlmutter, Jerry Pinkney, Keith Richards, J.K. Rowling, J.D. Salinger, Stacy Schiff, David Sedaris, Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler, Nicholas Sparks, Jon Stewart, Donna Tartt, Scott Turow, David Foster Wallace, Brent Weeks, Tom Wolfe, and Malala Yousafzai.
In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG provides a wide range of custom services to third party publishers, such as distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services. Some of HBG’s clients include: Harry N. Abrams, Chronicle Books, Disney Book Group, Gildan Media, Hachette UK, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Kids Can Press, Marvel, Moleskine, Nicholas Brealey, Octopus Books, Paula Deen Ventures, Peterson’s, Phaidon Press, Phoenix International Publications (pikids), Quarto Publishing Group, Quercus, Time Inc. Books, and Yen Press.