195 Broadway, Floor 9 , New York, NY, United States, 10007
Responsible for the management of business tasks that ensure the consistent flow of information for the completion of processes required in the receipt of product, foreign bindery shipments, release of new titles and fulfillment of backlist. Coordinate foreign sales and author contribution. Primary contact for in-house employee book orders.
- Track on and report status of all imported printings
- Coordinate all stock transfers to & from UK and Australia
- Primary contact with freight forwarder
- Report on status of Hot title shipments
- Track Frontlist shipments to key accounts
- Coordinate billing with proof of delivery
- Distribute Daily Inventory Receiving Report
- Coordinate with Production and freight forwarder expediting of freight
- Run and Distribute Weekly New Title Release Report
- Execute changes to weekly new title release schedule (cuts, changes in release date, changes in pub date)
- Coordinate with Sales, Editorial, Publicity and Distributor
- Create and distribute weekly New Release Billing Report
- Create internal office invoices for advance payments, foreign sales and miscellaneous sales.
- Review and approve all invoices from logistics vendors; resolve issues when necessary
- Prepare initial P & L forms for reprints
- Respond to emails and inquiries
3-4 years of experience required
Must be process and detail oriented
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – critical
Book Publishing a plus
APICS affiliation a plus
No sponsorship available
Please put the TITLE OF THE POSITION in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements.
About Abrams Books:
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.