Sales Support Coordinator
195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Join the Special Markets Sales team as a Sales Support Coordinator! The Special Markets department sells all HarperCollins titles to the specialty marketplace. In this role, you will provide support to the Senior Manager of Proprietary, Custom and Display Market Sales within the Special Markets Department.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with administrative experience in sales that wants to take their career to the next level!
- Assists Manager of Proprietary Sales with pitch development to publish new, proprietary editions for major National Retail chains.
- Prepares and distributes Quote Requests to in house production team members.
- Collaborates closely with the in-house design and production team when creating custom titles.
- Examines author contracts to determine royalty rates, which can vary depending on title, format and customer for respective projects.
- Prepares and route P&Ls for finance approvals.
- Maintains sales grids to ensure customer billing is accurate and up to date.
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Manager of Proprietary and Display Market sales, including managing phones/calendar, making travel arrangements, processing invoices and expense reports
- Coordinates with other members of the Special Sales team to develop custom opportunities and new business ideas, outside of normal trade channels.
- Creates all sales presentations and sell sheets.
- Processes orders
- Works with Editorial for approvals, routing of custom projects.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience required; proprietary experience, a plus
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of management including executives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.