Manager of Digital Marketing, Content & Strategy
225 Varick Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Reports to Selina Meere, Executive Director, Publicity & Marketing
Job Summary: Responsible for executing Workman Publishing’s digital consumer marketing strategy and for creating written and visual digital content for the Workman blog, social media channels, digital ads, videos, and newsletters. Generates big ideas, makes data-driven strategic decisions, evaluates new technologies and processes, and drives audience growth and engagement for Workman’s titles, brands and products across digital platforms.
- Create and Manage Workman’s Digital Content Strategy: Map a comprehensive digital content strategy (including the development of a functional content calendar) that supports and extends each of Workman’s titles, brands and products. Oversee and execute digital content creation (blog posts, social media material, newsletters). Planning includes determining and driving frontlist, key backlist, and cross-imprint initiatives.
- Data-Driven Analysis, Decisions & Goals: Set clearly quantifiable goals and benchmarks (D2C sales, traffic growth) for all digital campaigns and strategies, including (but not limited to) newsletters, brand communities, social media platforms, blogs, as well as title-specific marketing and digital advertising (SEO, keyword advertising, social media ads, etc.). Gather data about audiences and create meaningful, actionable analysis to make recommendations for Workman’s ongoing/future products and campaigns. Lead Workman into smart, strategic decisions about where we should be focusing our energies and dollars, and where not.
- Technology & Innovation: Determine tools and technologies in which Workman should invest, including social listening, audience-defining, and ecommerce tools. Evaluate new platforms and keep abreast of all business and technology trends that could affect Workman’s digital strategy. Conduct periodic competitive analysis (publishing industry and non-industry) for Workman’s brands and products.
- Content Creation: Write and design all blog posts, social media posts, newsletters, and digital ads for key frontlist and backlist titles, cross imprint initiatives, and longterm workman brands. Identify, produce, and direct all video content for digital promotion.
- Management: Oversee direct report and monitor spends for digital marketing and social media marketing efforts.
Job Requirements and Skills
Excellent writing skills
Photography for social media set-up shots
Basic video editing, production and direction skills
Some HTML experience (Wordpress a plus)
Facebook Ads Manager
Amazon Ads Manager
Google AdWords, search and display
Familiarity with social listening tools such as BuzzSumo, Sprout Social, SEM rush
Familiarity with syndication platforms
Please be sure to send a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
About Workman Publishing Co.:
Workman Publishing, an independent publisher of award-winning cookbooks, children’s books, parenting/pregnancy guides, as well as high-end gift books, fiction, gardening, humor, country living, and calendars. Our West Village office is high-energy and creative, staffed by people who love interesting books.