Sales and Inventory Analysis Manager (Amazon focused)
41 William Street, Princeton, NJ, United States, 08540
Princeton University Press (PUP) is welcoming applicants for a Sales and Inventory Analysis Manager. In this role, you will manage the following for PUP’s publications on Amazon and Amazon Canada - sales data and daily communications; monitor sales and inventory of Press print titles; suggest stocking orders via Amazon’s online portal, Vendor Central; Manage online marketing campaigns on these sites. This role will also be the first point of contact for other online booksellers. The position ingests, manages, and analyzes point of sale data from Amazon, BookScan, and other vendors. The position also monitors the Press’s inventory and initiates reprints.
- Amazon sales management: Monitors print inventory and sales of press titles at Amazon, supplies to Amazon sites publicity and marketing information, suggests purchase order quantities for active and forthcoming titles, monitors Amazon Vendor Central reports to maximize in stock status, manages and analyzes co-op marketing opportunities, works with press and distributor to troubleshoot any operational issues as they arise, and serves as first point of contact for various press queries to Amazon.
- Data aggregation and analysis: Downloads and archives point of sale data from Amazon and other vendors (Nielsen BookScan, BookNet Canada, etc.), analyzes sales and inventory in various market channels, and supports the sales department in effectively managing national accounts.
- Reprints: Monitors press inventory alongside inventory in retail and wholesale channels and initiates reprints with production department.
- Manages Amazon coop budget and initiates Amazon campaigns for Press’ titles.
- Attends internal meetings and regularly reports to press management on state of inventory and sales at Amazon.
- Serve as PUP point of contact for other online booksellers in North America.)
- Assists Director of Sales and Associate Director of Sales in the building of reports for analysis of sales history for individual titles and groups of titles.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 3-5 years’ experience in publishing.
- Previous experience with Amazon or other national accounts is preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized with a positive, proactive, and efficient approach to managing a demanding workload.
- Disciplined and consistent with a strong sense of follow-through.
- Good time management, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Access.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter with salary requirements and resumé to: email@example.com
Only finalists will be contacted.For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.
Princeton University Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About Princeton University Press:
Princeton University Press brings scholarly ideas to the world. We publish books that connect authors and readers across spheres of knowledge to advance and enrich the human conversation.
We embrace the highest standards in our publishing as embodied in the work of our authors from Albert Einstein in our earliest years to the present.
In keeping with Princeton University’s commitment to serve the nation and the world, we publish for scholars, students, and serious readers everywhere