1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States, 10104
Starts: Open Until Filled
The Associate Editor, Center Street Books will be responsible for conceptual and line-editing of 8-10, nonfiction titles per year primarily in the conservative political and military categories, acquired by the Executive Editor, and will help to manage them and additional titles through all editorial and production stages. The Associate Editor will also be encouraged to develop contacts and acquire for the imprint.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read and evaluate submissions.
• Edit manuscripts.
• Clerical work required (phones, photocopying, mailings, office management).
• Develop relationships with and communicate with authors and agents
• Write galley, cover and catalog copy.
• Prepare title fact sheets and P&Ls.
• Request contracts.
• Transmit manuscripts.
• Follow up with key departments including Legal, Copyediting, Managing Editor, Design, Production, and Sales.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent conceptual and line-editing abilities.
• 3-5 years book publishing experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Background or strong interest in nonfiction, especially conservative politics and military, a major plus.
• Strong writing, analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
• An ability to manage projects independently.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel required; knowledge of databases and ability to produce reports a plus.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
• Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
• Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
• Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
Please apply via our website at http://jobs.jobvite.com/hachette-book-group/job/o4Nb6fwS