Sales & Support Representative (Special Markets)
200 Portland Street, Boston, MA, United States, 02114
Ingram Content Group (ICG), is currently seeking a Sales & Support Representative, Special Markets to join our team in Boston, MA. In this role, you’ll provide administrative and sales support to the Ingram Special Markets team. You’ll also perform routine office-related sales and administrative support duties supporting the sales team as a whole. This position provides support with sales data, tracking, reporting, order processing, and communications. Assists the Specialty Retail, Special Sales, and Gift Sales teams in growing sales with established and prospective customers.
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Apply today!
Essential Job Duties:
- Sales Support:
- Assists with sales meeting preparation: identifies key titles, constructs and designs PowerPoint presentations and coordinates the arrival of sample materials.
- Builds and updates thematic and seasonal title collections
- Mails book samples, advance materials, and publisher catalogs to buyers
- Occasionally supports trade show planning and preparation, including booking appointments, scheduling events, and preparing meeting materials.
- May attend trade shows and conferences relevant to the Shared Sales business as needed, promote and sell titles through face-to-face interactions with customers.
- Retrieves hi-resolution cover images and interior spreads and fills out title information sheets needed for key customers.
- On occasion, attends publisher presales meetings and sales conferences.
- Creates, edits, maintains presentation materials and product samples for sales team assuring materials are up-to-date, accurate and available.
- Processes and tracks purchase orders from key retail and wholesale customers
- Partners with customer service, warehouse, and publishers ensure on-time delivery of orders.
- Internal Communication & Reporting:
- Collects and edits bi-weekly commentary from Sales Managers.
- Updates weekly bestseller and top titles reports
- Generates sales reports for Sales Managers as needed.
- Administrative Support
- Provides administrative support to VP/Sales Director including sales reporting, team calendars, conference attendance, and department meetings.
- Manages VP/Sales Director’s expenses
- Creates slides and/or presentation decks for monthly business meetings
- Collaborates with VP of Shared Sales on special projects as needed.
- Enters and tracks Help Desk requests for department specific issues; works with IT associates to see projects through.
- Oversees daily activities of Special Markets intern
- Manages intake of book samples and advance materials; orders office supplies; creates and manages reoccurring meetings as needed.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year experience creating spreadsheets in MS Excel, including creating basic mathematical formulas and data manipulation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of sales and/or customer service experience
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Previous publishing experience in the form of internships or bookstore experience a plus.
- Organizational, planning, and administration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Google Docs, Dropbox
- Ability to manage a varied workload, balancing scheduled tasks with requests for assistance from the team, which may have short deadlines
- Ability to receive and give information in a courteous manner over the telephone, via electronic communication, or in person
- Valid driver’s license
About Ingram Content Group:
Ingram Content Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.