195 Broadway 9th floor, New York, NY, United States, 10007
Provide administrative assistance and editorial support to the Associate Publisher, Executive Editor, and the Adult Editorial team.
• Editorial tasks include: copyediting, proofreading, collating multiple sets of galleys, creating P+L’s and presentation materials, assisting with manuscript preparation, picture management and labeling
• Act as liaison with authors, agents, packagers, and other outside contacts
• Draft fact sheet, catalogue, and flap copy for books
• Create PowerPoint presentations; create and gather materials for sales and marketing, as needed
• Act as point person for select titles each season, including corresponding with the originating publisher or author and agent, receiving, checking, and trafficking manuscripts, layouts, and color proofs
• Assess proposals; assist with research and development for new projects
• Organize, plan, and act as support staff for events, including Launch and author book signings
• Respond to unsolicited proposals and inquiries, as needed
• Clerical tasks include: taking minutes at meetings, maintaining schedules and databases, making copies, sending packages, routing internal mail, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1 – 2 years publishing and/or office experience
• Position requires accuracy, careful attention to detail and the ability to work independently and follow through consistently
• Excellent grammar, spelling, copyediting and proofreading skills. Effective communication and writing skills. Pleasant telephone manner is essential.
• Must be highly organized, energetic and able to juggle multiple priorities efficiently and calmly
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to create and maintain simple databases. Knowledge of Adobe and InDesign a plus.
No sponsorship available
*Please put the TITLE OF THE POSITION in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements.
About Abrams Books:
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books and gift paper products for adults, adolescents and young children, and creates critically acclaimed and bestselling works under the following imprints: Abrams, Abrams ComicArts, Abrams Image, Abrams Books for Young Readers, Amulet Books, Abrams Appleseed, Abrams Noterie, Abrams Press, and Abrams Calendars.
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.