Manager, Sales Operations
195 Broadway, New York, NY, United States, 10007
We are currently seeking a Manager, Sales Operations to join our International Sales team. Reporting to the SVP International Sales, this role is a central position within the International Sales department, responsible for many elements of sales, business development and sales operations. This position will manage our growing Special Projects, International Editions, and Print-On-Demand programs, as well as being the lead on international eBook pricing and merchandising. In addition, this role manages important sales relationships with Ingram, Baker & Taylor and RDS, including presenting titles, sales/marketing information on a regular basis, and achieving budgeted sales. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-orientated, can manage multiple projects, and can act as a liaison with internal stakeholders. This position will work directly with our Special Markets, Adult and Children’s Editorial, Legal, Sales, Merch and E-book teams. The Manager, Sales Operations will also work closely with our colleagues at HCUK, attend International Bookfairs and travel domestically for sales calls.
- Manages our international POD relationship with Ingram and their partners and works to add additional titles to the library of POD titles currently available.
- Works with Special Markets to capture international proprietary sales opportunities.
- Manages the process of creating special projects generated by the International Sales Dept.
- Creates and maintains Shared Title grid and coordinating with the UK team on pricing/formats and timing.
- Creates and maintains our Third Party Shared Title Grid.
- Adapts US E-book selling tools for International Markets, works with Open Market reps and affiliated companies.
- Arranges regular meetings, business reviews and seasonal presentations with the Domestic Exporters.
- Presents new titles, including International Editions, backlist and appropriate special projects to the Ingram, Baker & Taylor and RDS.
- Minimum of 3 years of publishing experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Willingness to travel, dependent upon Business needs
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
About HarperCollins Publishers:
HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world, with operations in 18 countries. With nearly two hundred years of history and more than 120 branded imprints around the world, HarperCollins publishes approximately 10,000 new books every year in 17 languages, and has a print and digital catalog of more than 200,000 titles. Writing across dozens of genres, HarperCollins authors include winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery and Caldecott Medals and the Man Booker Prize. HarperCollins, headquartered in New York, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) and can be visited online at corporate.HC.com.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.