245 8th Street, San Francisco, CA, United States, 94103
No Starch Press is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team in San Francisco. Together with our distributor Penguin Random House (PRHS) you will lead and direct consumer marketin and business-to-business marketing strategy. You will provide overall strategy and direction for growing and sustaining existing customers, for developing new business, and for finding more readers. You should have experience leading a marketing team. You will manage all content promotion, drive brand awareness, and coordinate our marketing efforts with those of our distributor, Penguin Random House.
- Develop marketing plans and prepare sales materials and presentations
- Create, manage, track, and evaluate marketing campaigns
- Advise authors on growing their online presence
- Supervise creative for ads, collateral, and other promotional items
- Develop content for consumer marketing including author videos, Q&A’s, and original essays
- Craft consistent brand message
- Develop strategies for targeting new markets
- Manage our social media presence
- Manage publicity. Pitch and answer media inquiries.
- Create monthly reports'
- Attend trade shows
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- A four year college degree
- 10+ years’ experience in book or gift marketing
Holiday/vacation/sick time; 401k with match; profit-sharing; pension plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance; bonus potential.
***In order to be considered for this position please reply with your resume and tell us why you would be interested in working with us.***
About No Starch Press:
No Starch Press was founded in 1994 and is one of the most admired and respected technical book publishing companies in the world. Our independent company continues to turn tech book publishing on its head by opening new markets and demonstrating, time and again, that geeks still love print books. We value collaboration and creativity, we’re passionate about quality, and we aim to make our readers happy. We seek people who are committed to our ideals and who value quality in everything that they do.
As our founder likes to say, “We’re changing the world, one book at a time.”