Field Sales Manager - Greater Southeast
Greater Southeast Territory, Atlanta, GA, United States, 30303
Starts: Open Until Filled
We’re hiring a Field Sales Manager to join the Random House Children’s Books sales team! Selling all Random House Children’s Books imprints, as well as titles for select distribution clients, this Atlanta metro area based position will interact with accounts located within the assigned territory consisting of Louisiana, Kentucky, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Ohio. The position will maintain ongoing communication regarding popular titles, backlist opportunities, and market trends between our New York City based headquarters and the accounts, and will provide consistent feedback internally regarding the sell in of titles and account needs.
Specifically, the Field Sales Manager will:
- Sell frontlist titles into accounts on a seasonal basis and actively solicit reorders.
- Develop and implement territory strategies and sales plans for backlist and frontlist titles.
- Collaborate with accounts on marketing plans and promotions.
- Maintain knowledge of the account base and address customer needs.
- Communicate with the Sales Director and internal sales teams, and coordinate with Penguin Random House sales counterparts to maximize title growth.
- Attend and participate in sales conferences, teleconferences and regional trade shows.
- Present titles to key accounts on Rep Nights, staff presentations, educator events, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of publishing sales and/or book buying experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to think creatively
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Works well independently and in a team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel regularly up to 25% of the year via plane and/or car
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
About Penguin Random House:
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.