Editor, Graphic Novels
195 Broadway 9th Floor, New York, NY, United States, 07016
Starts: Open Until Filled
Responsible for editing and project managing 7–10 titles per season, which includes titles assigned by the Editorial Director and Executive Director, as well as acquiring titles for the ComicArts list and children’s graphic novels for the Amulet list.
• Edit and project manage titles 7–10 titles per season
• Ability to work with authors, illustrators, photographers, and agents in an editorial capacity
• Acquire strong individual titles for the ComicArts and Amulet lists
• See titles through all stages of the editing process; successfully negotiate contracts; create and process P&Ls; manage book schedules; collaborate with Editorial Director and Executive Editor, managing editorial, and the design and production teams on design and format of publications
• Prepare sales materials, including fact sheets, catalogue copy, and presentation of titles at sales conferences
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five-to-ten years’ editorial publishing experience
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Keen understanding of the publishing market, and innovative product development skills in the area of comics and middle grade graphic fiction
• Established relationships in publishing and the comics market, and the ability to bring important projects to the list
• Detail oriented. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to create and maintain simple databases. PowerPoint and InDesign skills a plus
No sponsorship available
*Please include the TITLE of the position in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements.
About Abrams Books :
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books and gift paper products for adults, adolescents and young children, and creates critically acclaimed and bestselling works under the following imprints: Abrams, Abrams ComicArts, Abrams Image, Abrams Books for Young Readers, Amulet Books, Abrams Appleseed, Abrams Noterie, Abrams Press, and Abrams Calendars.
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, 401 (k) plan, tuition assistance, summer hours and a paid Christmas week of vacation. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.