Executive Director, Children's Sales
1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY, United States, 10104
The Executive Director, Children’s Sales is a seasoned book professional that can help develop and oversee execution of a growth strategy for sales within the Little Brown Books for Young Readers imprints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall sales direction for the Little Brown Books for Young Readers and all imprints.
- Works with the SVP, Retail Sales to establish sales goals and performance objectives for imprints and key titles each season.
- Develop strong relationships with and work collaboratively with the sales marketing and imprint marketing teams to develop and implement traditional and online marketing plans.
- Manage all co-op pools for key accounts and plan seasonal promotions.
- Support publishers and editorial staff by providing insights into potential acquisitions; read manuscripts and provide competitive data research.
- Participate in budget process including research and analysis.
- Manage a team of sales professionals to ensure strong sell in and sell through.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry sales events, domestic and international, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience selling children’s books with relationships at key accounts, both bookstores and mass merchants.
- Knowledge of book publishing industry trends and consumer behavior.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Ability to travel via car, train and plane.
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Powerpoint as well as BookScan and databases.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings with diverse audiences.
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Proven ability to change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills