Assistant Director of Digital Marketing & Strategy
225 Varick Street, New York, NY, United States, 10014
Job Summary: In conjunction with Director of Marketing and Senior Director of Marketing and Publicity, responsible for developing and executing Workman Publishing’s digital marketing strategy and managing all digital advertising. Generates big ideas, makes data-driven strategic decisions, and drives audience growth and engagement for Workman’s titles and brands across digital platforms.
- Management of Workman’s Digital Advertising Strategy and Execution: Oversee Digital Marketing Coordinator and Digital Content & Social Media Manager in development of strategy, content creation, and execution of all digital ad campaigns across multiple platforms including Google and Facebook. Oversee weekly, monthly, quarterly, and title-specific digital advertising budgets.
- Content Strategy: In conjunction with Director of Marketing,create a comprehensive digital content strategy on a title-by-title basis for all relevant frontlist and backlist titles, as well as for larger Workman brands. Oversee all digital content creation (blog posts, social media, newsletters), and execute where needed.
- Data-Driven Analysis & Goals: Set quantifiable goals for all digital campaigns. Analyze campaign, ad, and audience data to make recommendations for Workman’s ongoing and future campaigns. Create, manage, and effectively communicate all reports detailing campaign results.
- Collaboration & Communication: Work across departments (Editorial, Publicity & Marketing, Sales, Operations) to align digital marketing goals with larger title-specific and brand campaigns.
- Technology & Innovation: Collaborate with Digital Operations department todiscover tools and technologies in which Workman should invest and keep up with technology trends that could affect Workman’s digital strategy.
- Author Collaboration: Work directly with authors to advise on author-initiated digital marketing initiatives.
This position requires a skill set that combines analytics, consumer marketing, and a strong written and visual creative ability. Specific skills for this position include:
- Skill at managing multiple direct reports and the ability to organize, lead, and inspire team members who are executing content creation.
- Strong editorial skills, using words, images, and video in online publishing. An understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Familiarity using design programs including Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Skill at organizing and executing long-lead content creation and real-time content creation.
- Clear articulation of analysis of campaign results and actionable next steps to all stakeholders.
- Proficiency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and social media listening platforms.
- Some technical understanding of WordPress and other related CMS.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize in advance, but not all applicants will receive a response.
About Workman Publishing Co.:
Workman Publishing, an independent publisher of award-winning cookbooks, children’s books, parenting/pregnancy guides, as well as high-end gift books, fiction, gardening, humor, country living, and calendars. Our West Village office is high-energy and creative, staffed by people who love interesting books.