1808 B St. NW, Suite 140, Auburn, WA, United States, 98001
Lone Pine Publishing (US) has an immediate opening in the Seattle region for US Sales Manager. This person is responsible for all sales and marketing of titles distributed by Lone Pine in the US, and the operations of the US office and warehouse.
- Plan, communicate, and implement sales and marketing strategies for backlist, current, and forthcoming titles; recommend print runs and prices for new releases; communicate plans to staff, sales reps, and customers.
- Manage in-house sales reps as well as commission groups. Call on key national and local house accounts. Identify and pursue special sales opportunities. Provide sales analysis, including annual sales forecasts.
- Create and manage US budget. Forecast and track all marketing and sales expenses. Manage all US payables. Manage staff for customer service, A/R, and A/P.
- Manage warehouse staff and operations, for all US shipping and receiving.
- Serve as primary contact for customers; manage data feeds and supply images to customers and others; communicate all price, discount, and status changes.
- Working with senior management team in Canada, provide direction and strategy.
- Work closely with owner and acquisitions team to determine sales potential for new titles, series, and reprints. Provide comparative sales data.
- Conduct annual performance and goal-setting reviews for all direct reports. Supervisory responsibilities: currently 3 full-time staff, one part-time.
Physical requirements: Travel as necessary, for sales calls, select trade shows, and occasional meetings in Canadian offices. Approximately six to ten trips out of office each year. Some lifting of cartons and set-up of exhibit booths books is required.
About Lone Pine Publishing (US):
Lone Pine Publishing (US) is the sales, marketing, and distribution office for titles published by one of the largest publishing groups in Canada [BookLogic], including Lone Pine, Partners Publishing, Company’s Coming, Folklore Publishing, and more. We have been in business 38 years and specialize in nature, gardening, outdoor recreation, history, cookbooks, and folklore.