Associate Managing Editor/Production Editor
195 Broadway , New York, NY, United States, 10007
Summary: Work as part of the managing editorial team to produce an annual list of high-quality illustrated books, including art books, cookbooks, design, photography, and craft books
• Work closely with editorial, design, and manufacturing production departments to guide books through the preproduction process
• Copyediting and proofreading
• Hire, manage, and evaluate freelance copy editors, proofreaders, and indexers
• Create and track schedules
• Use title management system to track book data (specifications, etc.) and schedules
• Contribute to production meetings
• Track book-related materials for sales and marketing uses
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 to 4 years of experience as a managing editor or production editor in the book industry
• Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills (on hard copy and electronically, using Track Changes in MS Word ad Adobe Acrobat); solid knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
• Experience hiring and managing freelance copy editors and proofreaders
• Proven ability to create and manage schedules
• Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically across departments
• Experience working on illustrated books a plus
• Familiarity with Firebrand/Quality Solutions Title Management software a plus
*Please include the TITLE of the position in the subject line. Please include your salary requirements.
About Abrams Books:
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books and gift paper products for adults, adolescents and young children, and creates critically acclaimed and bestselling works under the following imprints: Abrams, Abrams ComicArts, Abrams Image, Abrams Books for Young Readers, Amulet Books, Abrams Appleseed, Abrams Noterie, Abrams Press, and Abrams Calendars.
We practice the art of books. At the heart of this practice are the people—creators, colleagues, partners, and readers—who together form a passionate community committed to quality and integrity. We strive to be inclusive in our publishing and our organization, celebrating vibrant voices, cultures, and ideas.
ABRAMS is conveniently located in the financial district, NYC. More information about ABRAMS and our publishing program can be found at our website www.abramsbooks.com.