6600 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO, United States, 63139
Due to explosive growth, Lion Forge Comics has a newly created position for an Editor to acquire and produce comics series (both ongoing and limited) and original graphic novels for a broad range of ages and subject areas. Titles will be a mix of projects assigned by the executive editor and new titles acquired and developed by the candidate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an independent worker and self-starter
- Have extensive contacts in the comics and/or trade publishing industry, including artists, writers, and literary agents
- Have at least three years of experience in an editorial role working directly with comics content
- Have a strong knowledge of and passion for comics and the comics and graphic novel market
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Have the ability and desire to work well with other team members
- Be able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Be able to make and negotiate acquisitions offers as a representative of Lion Forge
- Be able to smoothly shepherd projects through all stages of the acquisitions and editorial process, from presentation to P&L to production, including story and art feedback designed to make the project stand out in the market.
- Editing and acquiring a set number of titles per year, depending on experience and position level
- Working with internal teams to design financially viable titles and produce the on time and within budget
- Working with, and reaching out to, artists, writers, agents, and other outside talent to create high-quality comics
- Constantly seeking to produce comics at the highest quality and to continually push the boundaries of the comics market with new ideas, diverse voices, and exciting stories.
This position is either remote or located in Lion Forge’s St. Louis-based office. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience for the successful candidate.
About Lion Forge Comics:
The Lion Forge, LLC operates two business divisions: Lion Forge Comics, a consumer product publisher (comprised of three imprints and a branded collection), and Lion Forge Labs, a business to business creative services studio.
Lion Forge Comics creates award‐winning comic books and graphic novels with globally‐recognized licensed properties and on‐trend original concepts. Preparing for its third year of solo‐branded print publication, Lion Forge Comics brings approximately 60 new titles to market yearly. As an African‐American‐owned company committed to “Comics for Everyone,” we strive to publish titles that reflect the diversity of our world in the characters, the creators, and the Lion Forge team, and to create content that is just as original.
Lion Forge Labs creates custom comics and animation for companies and organizations that want to convey content in an interesting way that’s scientifically proven to have a higher retention rate than traditional mediums. Lion Forge Labs works with a variety of nationally‐known entities.