Senior Editor, Children's Books
6600 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO, United States, 63139
The Lion Forge, LLC operates two business divisions: Lion Forge Comics, a consumer product publisher (comprised of three imprints and a branded collection), and Lion Forge Labs, a business to business creative services studio.
Due to explosive growth, Lion Forge Comics has a newly created position, Senior/Executive Editor, Children’s Books. We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Senior Editor to lead the company’s expansion into children’s picture books, early reader comics, and related formats.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong and deep knowledge of the children’s publishing industry and the market for children’s books including and up to middle-grade graphic novels.
- Have innovative ideas for formats and subject areas coupled with the ability to see opportunities in the market.
- Have at least five to seven years of experience in editorial roles in children’s trade publishing.
- Possess strong marketing acumen and the ability and desire to work closely with sales and marketing to develop and bring to market successful products.
- Have strong illustrator, writer, agent and other contacts and relationships in the children’s publishing world
- Have some experience with licensed children’s product and the ability to identify viable licensing opportunities
- Have strong knowledge of book production and manufacturing for pictures books and graphic novels
- Shaping Lion Forge’s children’s publishing program, working collaboratively with executive editor, publisher, and other stakeholders
- Identifying and developing new talent and innovative publishing products and formats
- Some supervisory responsibility for other editors
- Acquiring picture books, early reader comics, middle-grade graphic novels from both established and debut talent
- Maintaining current knowledge of the marketplace for children’s books and children’s publishing trends
This position is either remote or located in Lion Forge’s St Louis offices. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience for the successful candidate.
About Lion Forge Comics:
Lion Forge Comics creates award‐winning comic books and graphic novels with globally‐recognized licensed properties and on‐trend original concepts. Preparing for its third year of solo‐branded print publication, Lion Forge Comics brings approximately 60 new titles to market yearly. As an African‐American‐owned company committed to “Comics for Everyone,” we strive to publish titles that reflect the diversity of our world in the characters, the creators, and the Lion Forge team, and to create content that is just as original.
Lion Forge Labs creates custom comics and animation for companies and organizations that want to convey content in an interesting way that’s scientifically proven to have a higher retention rate than traditional mediums. Lion Forge Labs works with a variety of nationally‐known entities.