Publicity and Marketing Manager
1904 Third Ave, Suite 710, Seattle, WA, United States, 98101
Sasquatch Books is currently seeking a Publicity and Marketing Manager to join their team. This position will lead Adult publicity and marketing efforts to create dynamic, integrated marketing campaigns for our books, our brand, and the press overall. See website for more details. Candidates can apply until 2/16/18 via the Penguin Random House Career page: careers.penguinrandomhouse.com.
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly energetic self-starter who is devoted to and excited by connecting books and readers. The Publicity and Marketing Manager knows how to strategize, organize, and execute integrated book marketing campaigns that drive sales. This team player is a dynamic people-person with excellent communications and organizational skills who develops and nurtures rewarding relationships with authors, marketing and publicity contacts, retail customers, industry colleagues, and readers far and wide.
- At least 5 years in publicity in publishing or closely related field
- Proactive professional who is driven to set and exceed aggressive, quantifiable goals
- Fluent in media relations, online marketing, and social media
- Creative thinker who works with energy and urgency and also attention to detail
- Experience in developing marketing strategy and executing innovative and successful tactics, especially on digital platforms
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communications ability across all mediums
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under deadline pressure
- Ability to lead and develop colleagues in the Marketing & Publicity group
- Able/willing to travel as needed approximately 3-5 times a year
- Create, orchestrate and execute dynamic integrated publicity and marketing campaigns for all Adult new titles and core backlist as appropriate.
- Strategize and execute a variety of marketing and publicity tactics to reach the target consumer audience for all Adult new titles.
- Nurture relationships with key media to maximize coverage for Sasquatch titles and press.
- Manage media contact lists using Cision and contact database to ensure that all media campaigns are well-planned, trackable, and organized.
- Create all press materials to be available in advance of publication, including news releases, media advisories, author bios, pitch letters, and press kit materials.
- Maximize pre-publication reviews, long lead placements, and excerpt opportunities with targeted lists and advance materials
- Research and determine appropriate media to pitch for each title, considering sales distribution, author’s media contacts, and author niche/audience
- Meet and develop relationships with all new authors at least 6 months prior to publication and work closely with them to maximize their platforms as part of a dynamic marketing plan that creates maximum consumer demand for every new release.
- Manage and closely collaborate with Associate Marketing Manager who oversees:
- Marketing collateral, advertising, and catalogs
- Author Event planning and coordination
- Social media content and advertising
- Company website and blog
- Trade show participation and logistics
- Attend Adult Acquisitions meetings and provide marketing, publicity, and author platform input on book proposals.
Apply here by 2/16/18.
About Sasquatch Books:
Sasquatch Books, together with our children’s imprint, Little Bigfoot, is one of the country’s leading independent presses, located in downtown Seattle, just blocks from Pike Place Market and Elliott Bay. Our mission is to seek out and work with the most gifted writers, chefs, naturalists, artists, and thought leaders in the Pacific Northwest and bring their talents to a national audience. Their passion for what they do becomes ours as we help transform their vision into beautifully crafted books that represent the adventurous spirit and DIY lifestyles of the region.